Progression Towards Perfection
Shri Gujarati Rashtriya Kelawani Mandal, one of the pioneers in imparting world class education had been initiated with a dedicated team of 15 students and a teacher. An Institution plays a vital role in moulding character, behavior & attitude of a child and hence serves as backbone to the society. Such Institutions were established by Shri Gujarati Rashtriya Kelawani Mandal at the heart of city & have been in the limelight consistently since inception.
These Institutions not only possess reputation of high academic standards but emphasize overall development of student’s personality as well.
The prime aim of education is to unravel the talent & hidden creativity of a child and this education society has a long, glorious and pioneering history in it.
- The foundation stone of this education society was laid down on 15th October 1918, on the eve of Vijayadashmi under the Presidency of Late NARMADASHANKAR MOTIRAMBHAI DAVE, who had a vision of starting a school for the society so that students from all class of society can get benefit of it.
- Constitution of organization was framed in 1935 and was implemented from 3rd April 1940.
- After the demise of Shri Narmadashankar Motirambhai Dave at Gorakhpur on 25th March 1937, Shri Ravisinghji Deepsinghji Darbar, presided the mandal.
- School building was inaugurated on 8th April 1948, by Honorable Shri RAVISHANKAR SHUKLA (erst while Chief Minister of C.P. & Berar.)
- Noble statue of the Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhiji was unveiled in the school campus on 15th January 1949 by Hon. Shri Mangaldas Pakwasa (erst while Governor of C.P. & Berar.)
- Permission for establishing middle school was granted by govt. on 1st April 1949 followed by High school on April 1, 1950.
- Development stands on the pillars of finance. The Institution is blessed with donors like Late Shri Manilal Anandji Vasant, Mulji Sikka Company, Chhotabhai Jethabhai & Co. etc. Their generosity materialized in the form of Hostel building & residence for High School Head Master. Donation of 1 lakh 51 thousand by Late Shri Manilal Anandji Vasant, substantiated as Gujarati Primary School on 1st day of Kartik Shukla in Vikram Samvat 2010. (1953 AD)
- Roupya Mahotsav : 51st Birth Anniversary of Late Shri Manoharbhai Patel was celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm in 1952.
- BHOOMI POOJAN of School building was performed by Shri Vrijlalbhai Manilalbhai Vasant and on 18th 1955, the building of Smt. Jamnaben Manilal Vasant Gujarati Primary School was inaugurated by Hon. Shri Ravishankar Shukla (erst while Chief Minister of C.P. & Berar.)
- Another Donation by Late Shri Manilalbhai Vasant amounting to Rs. 51000 was utilized to construct Anandji Purshottam Vasant Gujarati Primary School in 1955.
- Shri Manoharbhai Babarbhai Patel took the charge of President after the retirement of Shri Ravisinghji Deepsinghji Darbar on 15th Jan 1956.
- After the sad demise of Shri Manoharbhai Patel on 17th Aug 1970 in Mumbai Shri Devendrabhai Punjabhai Patel took charge as President of society on 26th Nov 1971.
- Shri Rameshbhai Manibhai Patel took charge as President after tenure completion of Shri Devendrabhai Patel in 1977.
- Jamnaben Manilal Vasant English Primary School started in the year 1977. Which now runs classes from play group to class 7th. Extension & renovation of H.M. office was completed in the year 2007. A new technology in field of education, E-sense learning was introduced in the same year. Newly constructed 2nd floor building of J.M.V. was inaugurated by Shri Prafulbhai Patel on 14th Nov 2012 to meet the need of growing strength of students. Well equipped computer lab with 20 computers & latest accessories, projector, internet facility was constructed. Well set library with informative & knowledge – packed books was introduced, Kindergarten & Nursery sections were incepted with unique toy collection in 2013.
- After the completion of Tenure of Shri Rameshbhai Manibhai Patel, Hon. Shri Rameshbhai Chaturbhai Desai in 1981, took over the reins of the society.
- After the tenure of Shri Rameshbhai Desai, Hon. Shri Prafulbhai Manoharbhai Patel has been presiding over since 1984 till date.
- Under the presidency of Hon. Shri Prafulbhai Manoharbhai Patel a full swing development got on the way in terms of computer education which is introduced in 1992 it is a very first school in whole Gondia Bhandara District to impart computer education.The institution is successful enough to establish Junior College of Science in memory of his beloved mother Smt. Shantaben Manoharbhai Patel to impart quality education through innovative methods in a disciplined and friendly atmosphere in the year 2003. New building of Jr. College was inaugurated by Hon. Shri Bhairosingh Shekhawat (Vice President of India) in gracious presence of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh (Chief Minister Maharashtra), Shri R.R. Patil (Deputy Chief Minister Maharashtra), Shri Sharad Pawar (Agricultural Minister) Shri Murli Devda (Petroleum Minister), Shri Anil Deshmukh (Guardian Minister of Gondia District), Business Tycoon Shri Mukesh Ambani, Shri Venugopal Dhoot & Shri Prafulbhai Patel on 9th Feb 2006.
The College is facilitated with all modern educational aids, computer lab, Audio-Visual aids, Library, Internet facility, Sports equipments, Multistation Gymnasium and so on. The Govt. gave permission to start Information Technology as a subject in the curriculum in June 2007.
G.R.K.M. crowned the honour to be the first Education Society in Gondia-Bhandara district in 1991 to impart “Computer Education” as well as E-Sense learning in year 2010. Apart with this 35 classes are facilitated with E-sense learning and Computer Lab with 65 latest model of PCS facilitated for the students to impart computer education not only this but a fully furnished laboratory got a modern extension on Dec 2015 & was inaugurated by Hon. Smt. Varshaben Patel along with Shri Amritbhai Parmar. Computer Science as a bifocal stream was introduced in the college in June, 2016.
All the institutions of GRKM are running successfully. We are fortunate to have the blessings & guidance of all our trustees & executive committee & well wishers, GRKM is growing and leaps and bound to make its unique identity in the world of education and consistently serving the society by imparting quality education for comprehensive development of students.
Fortune favours the brave but if bravery is blended with wisdom, foresight and unity , it creats history.